FREE Training session at the British Museum-Connecting Cultures: Exploring Objects and Collections
Connecting Cultures: Exploring Objects and Collections
Do you use the British Museum?
Do you run or teach in a supplementary or community school? Would you like to bring your students to a museum or gallery but don’t know where to start?
The British Museum is a free cultural venue in Camden, open to everyone. We are currently offering 15 FREE places on a training session designed specifically for supplementary school teachers and volunteers:
Date: Saturday 9th November 2013
TIME: 9.45am – 4pm (lunch provided)
· Get to know the British Museum and its collections better.
· Develop your own visits to the British Museum for your students based on subjects that are relevant to them.
· Learn how to lead activities about objects, opinions and cross-cultural links.
· Have all your practical questions answered to make sure your visits run smoothly.
· Meet colleagues from other supplementary schools to share ideas.*
*Please ask us about how we can support your language needs or access requirements as we need any requests in advance.
Where will the training sessions be?
At the British Museum, in the heart of Camden. http://www.britishmuseum.org/visiting/getting_here.aspx
How do I book a place?
To book a place on one or both of the training sessions please email Sian Hunter Dodsworth, theSupplementary Schools Programme Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 323 8398.